In this twelve-part series, students will use an assortment of statistical tools and methods to analyze data from public databases or their own data from other projects. Each lesson is one hour long so that students can either complete one each week for a semester or multiple in a single day if preferred. The lessons focus on SAS, but other software such as SPSS (AMOS) or R Studio may be substituted.
- Students will be able to clean raw data: missing values, out-of-range values, extreme values.
- Students will be able to generate new variables using existing variables.
- Students will be able to select and apply appropriate statistical methods.
- Students will be able to use software to statistical analyses including descriptive, bivariate, and multivariate.
- Students will be able to interpret their results.